What to do if you know someone who is suicidal
If you know someone at immediate risk of suicide (actively suicidal), self-harm, or hurting someone else, you should:
1. If possible, take them directly to A&E, or
2. Call 999 and stay with the person until help arrives
3. Remove any weapons, medications, or other potentially harmful objects
4. If the person has taken any substances in a suicide bid, it would be helpful if you can provide medical professionals with details if possible
5. Listen to them non-judgmentally
If you know someone who is thinking about suicide (passive suicide), but is not in immediate danger, follow the advice below.